Monday, May 17, 2010

Science Experiment Afternoon!


On a recent Saturday afternoon,  it was raining and gross outside - we were trying to come up with a way to keep Meredith interested in a different way - we came up with science experiments. 

Did you know that if you sprinkle black pepper on top of a bowl of water and then dip your finger covered with dish soap into the middle of the pepper the pepper runs away?    It makes a very cool visual experiment - and you can do it over and over again.  Meredith loved it.  Only problem - I have no idea why what happens. 

Then we experimented with a baking soda and vinegar volcano.  Meredith had been interested in volcanoes at the time.  We had been reading books and looking at pictures and this experiment was perfect.  (Now she is interested in germs and she wants to be a shmientist (scientist) that studies germs when she grows up.)





Then we made slime.  Pink slime.  We followed the recipe from the grossology website.  It was great. Very slimy.




I think I will plan another science experiment afternoon soon.

No comments: